Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an older Apple Gift Card which I want to redeem. It is repeatedly rejected as being invalid.

I have an older Apple Gift Card I want to redeem. It is repeatedly rejected and the card number is said to be invalid. How do I resolve this?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 9:59 AM

Rev Dr.,

The old gift cards do not expire. However, there used to be separate cards for the iTunes Store and the Apple Store. Old Apple gift cards will not work in the iTunes Store.

It is also possible that the card has already been redeemed, or was not properly activated at the time of sale. Follow the tips in here: If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2022 9:59 AM in response to revdrrock

Rev Dr.,

The old gift cards do not expire. However, there used to be separate cards for the iTunes Store and the Apple Store. Old Apple gift cards will not work in the iTunes Store.

It is also possible that the card has already been redeemed, or was not properly activated at the time of sale. Follow the tips in here: If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card - Apple Support

I have an older Apple Gift Card which I want to redeem. It is repeatedly rejected as being invalid.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.