Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Hardware Test Error 4SNS/1/40000000:VDOR 18.742

Hi,

I got the Apple Hardware Test Error 4SNS/1/40000000:VDOR 18.742. This happened while I was trying to reload MacOs High Sierra to my old macbook pro early 2011. What may be the reason and any solution?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 9:55 AM

2 replies

Jan 21, 2022 10:01 AM in response to aakyurek

aakyurek wrote:

Hi,

I got the Apple Hardware Test Error 4SNS/1/40000000:VDOR 18.742. This happened while I was trying to reload MacOs High Sierra to my old macbook pro early 2011. What may be the reason and any solution?

?

This AHT error does not present on reloading a macOS...so this is not the whole story

This is a sensor error on the logic board.

Do you have a working battery in place in good condition...?

Jan 21, 2022 10:37 AM in response to leroydouglas

Yeah, that’s not the whole story. I tried to tell briefly but I see it’s not enough :)

Let me tell from the beginning;

I upgraded macos high sierra to mojave (it’s not supported on my mac but there are some ways, anyway clearly it was not a good idea and didn’t have a good performance)

Then I decided to install high sierra (last supported macos) again. I made a bootable high sierra usb, format disk as apfs and started installation. Then at some point, it said ‘failed to install’. Then I opened diagnostics and I got this AHT error.

Now, I made my back up and want to install a macos that fits to my mac from the beginning. How can I get through this situation?

Apple Hardware Test Error 4SNS/1/40000000:VDOR 18.742

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.