Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get past the activation lock?

i bought a iPhone XR max from an individual and I have the Meid number to the phone but he couldn’t remember his password and things. I was ensured that it would be easy to unlock simply because it was not on the latest update. Can someone please help me?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 4:44 PM

There is no way to remove Activation Lock without the Apple ID and password that has it locked. Get the seller to go to https://iforgot.apple.com/ to recover their password.

If the seller refuses, then chances are you bought a stolen phone.

4 replies

Jan 21, 2022 4:46 PM in response to Katesulli96

Couldn’t remember? Rubbish. You got scammed. You acquired what is very likely a lost or stolen iPhone, and one that will never be useful to you. We can’t help you, and—absent original purchase receipts you undoubtedly don’t have, or thenApple ID and password holding the Activation Lock—Apple won’t. And if the usual pattern holds, the seller will have disappeared (which is why you’re asking how to bypass a theft deterrent mechanism here, and why no refund is available), and you are left with a useless device to recycle.

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a used iPad/iPhone - Apple Community

How can I get past the activation lock?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.