Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Constantly prompted to share password with my macbook pro even though I'm no longer near the wifi network

I was visiting some family and I connected my iPhone to their wifi. I then connected my macbook to their wifi.

Now I'm back home, away from my family's house and I am constantly prompted on my iPhone to share the wifi password with my macbook.

I've tried:

• hitting "share password"
  • hitting the `x`
  • turning on and off wifi on both devices
  • forgetting the wifi on the macbook

Nothing I do makes this dialog go away. I still _want_ this feature, so I want to keep it on, but I want this instance of the password sharing to go away.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 7:36 AM

Hello tylerl109,

We see you're getting prompted to share the Wi-Fi password repeatedly, and we'd like to help out.

If you haven't yet tried it, odd issues that crop up can sometimes be resolved via a restart of the Mac: Shut down or restart your Mac

It may also help to try toggling Bluetooth off and on again in System Preferences > Bluetooth.

You can also try starting up in safe mode, confirm it doesn't happen here, and then restart as normal. Details on how to use this can be found here: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2022 7:36 AM in response to tylerl109

Hello tylerl109,

We see you're getting prompted to share the Wi-Fi password repeatedly, and we'd like to help out.

If you haven't yet tried it, odd issues that crop up can sometimes be resolved via a restart of the Mac: Shut down or restart your Mac

It may also help to try toggling Bluetooth off and on again in System Preferences > Bluetooth.

You can also try starting up in safe mode, confirm it doesn't happen here, and then restart as normal. Details on how to use this can be found here: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Cheers.

Constantly prompted to share password with my macbook pro even though I'm no longer near the wifi network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.