Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my Apple id is connected to an old e mail account no longer in use. Can I change it just by editing it? And will i lose any info if i do?

My Apple id is connected to an old e mail address no longer in use. Can I change it in Settings under edit and not lose or mess up anything else?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 5:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 5:39 PM

You can change your Apple ID by editing it and you should't lose any data or purchases. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.  * 

Make sure you turn of Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  *  I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication   *

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2022 5:39 PM in response to nov1991

You can change your Apple ID by editing it and you should't lose any data or purchases. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.  * 

Make sure you turn of Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  *  I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication   *

my Apple id is connected to an old e mail account no longer in use. Can I change it just by editing it? And will i lose any info if i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.