Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unknown Device on Find My iPhone

This popped up on my phone a bit ago (it never notified me until now) and said there’s an unknown device with me. My husband checked my car from front to back, top to bottom, and he found nothing. When I push “Continue” it says the server is down and can’t be reached. Is this an error? I have already turned my

location off. How do I get rid of this notification?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 6:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 6:24 PM

Turning your location off doesn't turn the location tracking ability of the unknown item off.

You would need to disable the item to do that.

The following has more information that may help: View details about an unknown item in Find My on iPhone - Apple Support

You may need to contact Apple support if the server is down error continues. There is a Get Support link at the top right of this page.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2022 6:24 PM in response to chey618

Turning your location off doesn't turn the location tracking ability of the unknown item off.

You would need to disable the item to do that.

The following has more information that may help: View details about an unknown item in Find My on iPhone - Apple Support

You may need to contact Apple support if the server is down error continues. There is a Get Support link at the top right of this page.

Unknown Device on Find My iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.