You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I prepare for new phone device with my iphone6S

how do I prepare for new phone device on my old iphone6S

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 9:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 10:02 PM

What other equipment do you have? If you have a Windows PC, you can create a backup with iTunes. Or with a Mac you can create a backup with Finder (or perhaps a slightly older version of MacOS with iTunes).

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with your Mac - Apple Support

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your PC - Apple Support

When you're ready, you can start the setup screen where it asks if you want to restore from a backup from a computer. It might be slightly different, as when you first turn on your new iPhone, it will ask how you want to set it up, and one option will be to copy over the contents of a backup. And unless you restore your new iPhone to factory condition, you'll only have one chance at this.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If you don't have a computer available (or with enough storage, there's now Quick Start, which allows two iPhones next to each other to transfer the data across Bluetooth. If you do that, make sure that you've got enough charge to do it, or preferably make sure that both are connected to power.

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 21, 2022 10:02 PM in response to Upgrademini

What other equipment do you have? If you have a Windows PC, you can create a backup with iTunes. Or with a Mac you can create a backup with Finder (or perhaps a slightly older version of MacOS with iTunes).

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with your Mac - Apple Support

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your PC - Apple Support

When you're ready, you can start the setup screen where it asks if you want to restore from a backup from a computer. It might be slightly different, as when you first turn on your new iPhone, it will ask how you want to set it up, and one option will be to copy over the contents of a backup. And unless you restore your new iPhone to factory condition, you'll only have one chance at this.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If you don't have a computer available (or with enough storage, there's now Quick Start, which allows two iPhones next to each other to transfer the data across Bluetooth. If you do that, make sure that you've got enough charge to do it, or preferably make sure that both are connected to power.

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

how do I prepare for new phone device with my iphone6S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.