Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change a user account profile picture without changing your iCloud profile picture?

I have two accounts on my Mac: one for work and one personal account. Both share the same iCloud account.

When I change my profile picture in System Preferences > Users & Groups, my iCloud profile picture is also changed, meaning that the profile picture of both accounts are changed.

I would like to change just the profile picture of my work account so that I have a visual clue on the login screen which one is which. Is there a way to do that?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 12:55 AM

2 replies

Jan 24, 2022 11:24 AM in response to BlueberryLover

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad that it is 'expected behaviour'.

I don't think creating a separate iCloud account would work for me. All I wanted to do was creating a work environment in which all my apps are work orientated (e.g. mail only has work mail). And I don't think it's work going through all that trouble just to change the account profile picture.

Jan 22, 2022 1:08 PM in response to Dagaloni

I believe someone else asked a similar question. What you describe seems to be the expected behaviour. How about setting up a separate Apple ID for one of the accounts? iCloud Drive folders (and quota, see iCloud+) can be shared.

I used to use a single AppleID for myself and my spouse which led to all kinds of issues. Separating our AppleIDs wasn't that difficult and has made things simpler.

- Pie Lover

How to change a user account profile picture without changing your iCloud profile picture?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.