Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15.2.1 car play issue

I downloaded iOS 15.2.1 and now I’m experiencing car play issues. Phone calls will pick up on car play but there is not sound and I have to switch to my phone. I have verified sound on and column up. Waze navigation voice stopped working even with sound on and column up.

Any one else experiencing these issues?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 6:56 AM

If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled. ... Then set up CarPlay again. Make sure that your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer.

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support (IN)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2022 6:56 AM in response to kwicslvr

If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled. ... Then set up CarPlay again. Make sure that your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer.

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support (IN)

iOS 15.2.1 car play issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.