Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not Uploading to iCloud on Mac

I am trying to sync my photos on my mac to my icloud. I first receive a caption of "updating" and then "Uploading 1,721 Items." When I first started this sync a few weeks ago, it uploaded for the first night, and has not moved ever since.

MacBook

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 2:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 8:07 AM

See the article Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Pause library uploads to iCloud

When you turn on iCloud Photos, the time it takes for your photos and videos to upload to iCloud depends on the size of your collection and your internet speed. If you have a large collection of photos and videos, your upload might take more time than usual. You can see the status and pause the upload for one day.

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open the Photos app, go to the Library tab, and tap All Photos. Then scroll to the bottom of your screen.
  • On your Mac, open the Photos app. Select Library in the sidebar, then click All Photos in the list of tabs in the toolbar. Scroll to the bottom of your photos and click Pause.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2022 8:07 AM in response to natebait99

See the article Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Pause library uploads to iCloud

When you turn on iCloud Photos, the time it takes for your photos and videos to upload to iCloud depends on the size of your collection and your internet speed. If you have a large collection of photos and videos, your upload might take more time than usual. You can see the status and pause the upload for one day.

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open the Photos app, go to the Library tab, and tap All Photos. Then scroll to the bottom of your screen.
  • On your Mac, open the Photos app. Select Library in the sidebar, then click All Photos in the list of tabs in the toolbar. Scroll to the bottom of your photos and click Pause.

Photos not Uploading to iCloud on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.