Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad security Notification

My iPad just sent me a notification that my security has been hack. 100s of accounts from my bank to old email accounts I have used in years. What happened. It’s telling to change literally 100 passwords. What the heck?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 4:01 PM

Thanks for all the helpful information and screenshot!

• So, the warnings are legit. When you enable the option (in the screenshot) for “Detect compromised passwords”, your iPad checks to see if any of your passwords match known passwords that were in a data leak.
  • This does not necessarily mean someone hacked your account but it is saying that there is a password that has been leaked which is the exact same as yours and could potentially be available to hackers.
  • You can change your passwords to make them stronger by adding more characters and capitals. If you think your passwords are already strong you can keep them and enable something like 2 factor authentication, its your choice.
  • You can also turn off the password compromised warnings and prevent your iPad from checking to see if your passwords are leaked by disabling the “Detect compromised passwords” option.
7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2022 4:01 PM in response to EddytheCat

Thanks for all the helpful information and screenshot!

• So, the warnings are legit. When you enable the option (in the screenshot) for “Detect compromised passwords”, your iPad checks to see if any of your passwords match known passwords that were in a data leak.
  • This does not necessarily mean someone hacked your account but it is saying that there is a password that has been leaked which is the exact same as yours and could potentially be available to hackers.
  • You can change your passwords to make them stronger by adding more characters and capitals. If you think your passwords are already strong you can keep them and enable something like 2 factor authentication, its your choice.
  • You can also turn off the password compromised warnings and prevent your iPad from checking to see if your passwords are leaked by disabling the “Detect compromised passwords” option.

iPad security Notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.