Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad stuck in recovery/restore loop

Everytime the screen that comes on telling you to plug in your ipad (with the link on top that says support.apple.com/ipad/restore) i plug it in and it prompts me to update & restore and when i click that it stays forever in preparing ipad for restore with the apple logo and no progress bar and after a lengthy time i then get a message saying "the ipad could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (2003). i did some googling on what that error code could mean and it basically said USB issues but i've tried other USBs and its still stuck in this recovery/restore loop. Please help!!!! Also i tried restarting my computer, checking to see if itunes needs updating and using different USB ports.

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 6:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 6:36 PM

Hi _dray, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

The following discussion link has a suggestion your could try to fix the issue:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2614453

However, if the issue persists, you can make an appointment and have your iPad inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider). Please use this link to find one in your Country Apple – Location Selector. After going through the process, you will be given all the options available.

You can also contact Apple Support as follows:

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2022 6:36 PM in response to _dray

Hi _dray, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

The following discussion link has a suggestion your could try to fix the issue:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2614453

However, if the issue persists, you can make an appointment and have your iPad inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider). Please use this link to find one in your Country Apple – Location Selector. After going through the process, you will be given all the options available.

You can also contact Apple Support as follows:

iPad stuck in recovery/restore loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.