Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete some unwanted files from my iCloud to provide enough space for backup

How can I delete some unwanted files from my iCloud to provide enough space for backup

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 10:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 2:08 AM

As you'd expect, you have to delete data in iCloud. Remember - iCloud is a syncing service so anything you remove from iCloud will also be removed from all your participating devices. If you want to keep it save it elsewhere and back it up.

Or better still, buy more iCloud Drive space. For a small cost per month you can expand your space to a comfortable amount.

Apple offers several options for managing and reducing used space on iCloud in the support document Manage your iCloud storage. See the linked page or the hyperlinked points for more detail. which in the support page are summarised as:

Before you delete anything, you might want to archive or make copies of the information that you store in iCloud.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2022 2:08 AM in response to Mharuna11

As you'd expect, you have to delete data in iCloud. Remember - iCloud is a syncing service so anything you remove from iCloud will also be removed from all your participating devices. If you want to keep it save it elsewhere and back it up.

Or better still, buy more iCloud Drive space. For a small cost per month you can expand your space to a comfortable amount.

Apple offers several options for managing and reducing used space on iCloud in the support document Manage your iCloud storage. See the linked page or the hyperlinked points for more detail. which in the support page are summarised as:

Before you delete anything, you might want to archive or make copies of the information that you store in iCloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.