Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I insert M1 chip into my Mac?

Hello! I had ordered my Macbook Air 2020 model and recently got to know that the M1 chip wasn't planted into this. I need a variety of apps which is only compatible with the M1 chip. Can the M1 chip be planted onto my Macbook or can any other device like Mac mini could be used to acquire its benefits?

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 11:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 11:12 PM

tarunikaravi Said:

"How can I insert M1 chip into my Mac?: Hello! I had ordered my Macbook Air 2020 model and recently got to know that the M1 chip wasn't planted into this. I need a variety of apps which is only compatible with the M1 chip. Can the M1 chip be planted onto my Macbook or can any other device like Mac mini could be used to acquire its benefits?"

-------

Inserting an M1 Chip:

No. It cannot be placed in there. The LogicBoard and all pieces are built together to operate as one device. In fact, it likely already is in there. See here: MacBook Air (M1, 2020) - Technical Specifications - Apple Support

Verifying the Device's Processor:

On the Mac, Itself:

1. Login
  2. Go To: the Apple Emblem Logo (locators on the top-left corner of the screen atop by default)
  3. Select” About this Mac...
  4. View: the Serial Number

Then...

Enter it on Apple’s Site: Check Apple Warranty

Enter the Serial Number, and see what pops up for the processor. See if it seen as a MacBook Air with M1.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2022 11:12 PM in response to tarunikaravi

tarunikaravi Said:

"How can I insert M1 chip into my Mac?: Hello! I had ordered my Macbook Air 2020 model and recently got to know that the M1 chip wasn't planted into this. I need a variety of apps which is only compatible with the M1 chip. Can the M1 chip be planted onto my Macbook or can any other device like Mac mini could be used to acquire its benefits?"

-------

Inserting an M1 Chip:

No. It cannot be placed in there. The LogicBoard and all pieces are built together to operate as one device. In fact, it likely already is in there. See here: MacBook Air (M1, 2020) - Technical Specifications - Apple Support

Verifying the Device's Processor:

On the Mac, Itself:

1. Login
  2. Go To: the Apple Emblem Logo (locators on the top-left corner of the screen atop by default)
  3. Select” About this Mac...
  4. View: the Serial Number

Then...

Enter it on Apple’s Site: Check Apple Warranty

Enter the Serial Number, and see what pops up for the processor. See if it seen as a MacBook Air with M1.

How can I insert M1 chip into my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.