You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Mini 6 screen is dark when locked for 1 second then goes bright

Hi there, my iPad mini 6 is very dim for 1 second once I touch the screen when locked, then it goes to normal brightness. It does this every time the display is off and then touched. This issue occurred in the past and Apple Support made me reset all settings which did fix the issue for a few months however, now it's happening again. It's not auto brightness or any of the standard settings you might expect. Is anyone else experiencing this? I really do not want to keep resetting all of my settings as it's a massive pain just to fix this issue temporarily.

The increase in brightness isn't as slow and gradual as auto brightness, it's more like flicking a switch and going bright. Pictures attached show the brightness level immediately after the screen or power button is pressed, then the brightness after 1 second where it goes to normal brightness.

Software is up to date with 15.2.1

iPad mini 6 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 1:19 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

iPad Mini 6 screen is dark when locked for 1 second then goes bright

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.