You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Keyboard 2 Issues

I have a late 2013 iMac and recently had an issue where my ( non Apple ) keyboard suddenly started to repeatedly type 0 but the 0 button didn't work. I assumed it was the keyboard at fault so purchased a Magic Keyboard 2 and Mouse 2. The new keyboard now types 'space' all the time but the space bar doesn't work ! I have now connected my old original apple keyboard and it works fine. Any ideas/help would be much appreciated as I have just shelled out for an expensive keyboard and would like to use it !!

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 2:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 4:02 AM

if it was me then I would test the keyboard with another computer

and maybe try creating another user on the mac to see if the behavior was general

if so then I would expect that I had gotten a defect product and use the warranty to get it replaced

Similar questions

1 reply

Magic Keyboard 2 Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.