Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i dont get a notification sound when my mum calls me. It is only her that it happens on

it is very strange why dont i get a sound notification when she sends a message

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 2:32 AM

10 replies

Jan 25, 2022 4:02 AM in response to hugbeara320

No sound on calls? or just no sound on texts?

And this happens even when mum's contact jas been completely removed from Contacts app?

And only her?

In that case I have no idea.

You can reach out to Apple Support directly. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here: contact Apple Support or make an appointment at Apple Store  https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Jan 23, 2022 5:57 AM in response to hugbeara320

You still get the message though?

I can't think of anything other than contacts app which will affect sounds on just one caller.

Take out her contact entry completely. restart the phone. Get her to text or call.

You should see the number and get a sound as if it was an unknown caller. (Don't have any unknown caller or texter filters on!)

i dont get a notification sound when my mum calls me. It is only her that it happens on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.