Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my screen on my iphone xs isnt responding to my touch

ive tried reseting my phone but my screen on my xs is still not responsive.

iPhone XS

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 10:26 AM

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with touchscreen functionality on your iPhone.

I would recommend to force restart the device. If the touchscreen is unresponsive, majority of the time this can resolve your issue.

1. press and release the volume up button.
  2. press and release the volume down button.
  3. press and hold the power button until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.  

If this does not resolve your issue, you can also attempt to place the product in recovery mode to erase and restore via iTunes on a Mac or PC. 

This will then erase and restore iPhone to factory settings, including removing the iOS currently installed. Once erased and restored, the iPhone then reinstalls the latest iOS. 

If you are still experiencing the issue, I would recommend contacting Apple Support to determine available service options. 

Based on the service request type, you would be eligible for a carry-in appointment at an ARS or AASP, as well as mail-in repair. 

Hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2022 10:26 AM in response to joshjello

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with touchscreen functionality on your iPhone.

I would recommend to force restart the device. If the touchscreen is unresponsive, majority of the time this can resolve your issue.

1. press and release the volume up button.
  2. press and release the volume down button.
  3. press and hold the power button until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.  

If this does not resolve your issue, you can also attempt to place the product in recovery mode to erase and restore via iTunes on a Mac or PC. 

This will then erase and restore iPhone to factory settings, including removing the iOS currently installed. Once erased and restored, the iPhone then reinstalls the latest iOS. 

If you are still experiencing the issue, I would recommend contacting Apple Support to determine available service options. 

Based on the service request type, you would be eligible for a carry-in appointment at an ARS or AASP, as well as mail-in repair. 

Hope this helps.

my screen on my iphone xs isnt responding to my touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.