Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone and apple watch

Now that I have an Apple Watch (series 7) and my iPhone 13 pro, my phone doesn’t ring when someone calls, or give sound notifications of texts or messages. Also, the watch only “rings” or shows I’m getting a phone call about half the time. I’m missing most all of my calls and texts/FB messages. Is there anything I can do to fix this? So I can get both devices to give notifications and rings when I get an incoming call.

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 4:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 4:18 PM

No. Notifications go to Apple Watch if on your wrist or your phone if the watch isn't on your wrist and this is by design. Read this about notifications and you may want to change some to either haptics (prominent, with stronger wrist taps) or louder sounds.

See this --> Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2022 4:18 PM in response to PapaG12

No. Notifications go to Apple Watch if on your wrist or your phone if the watch isn't on your wrist and this is by design. Read this about notifications and you may want to change some to either haptics (prominent, with stronger wrist taps) or louder sounds.

See this --> Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

iPhone and apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.