Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why do i need to backup my information to iCLoud? Can I backup my information on my computer?

why do i need to backup my information to iCLoud? Can I backup my information on my computer? IPhone, IPAD

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 7:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 7:23 PM

You can backup on the computer using iTunes or Finder if using a Mac. See the information here, How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support The advantage to the iCloud backup is the ability to set it up to backup daily without any additional action by you after you configure it.

3 replies

Jan 23, 2022 7:37 PM in response to ednaj70

Sure. I've never relied my iCloud backup (only have the standard, free 5GB for multiple devices), although I don't know of any way to turn off saving what's supposedly the most important information on iCloud.

I much prefer the ability to use my Mac along with the ability to control when I want a backup to occur along with the ability to archive backups. iTunes on Windows doesn't have the ability to archive though.

why do i need to backup my information to iCLoud? Can I backup my information on my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.