Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Payment

How can I add a new credit card which is issued in US but my iPhone was purchased in Japan with my Japanese address.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 11:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 11:15 PM

It doesn’t matter where your iPhone was purchased. What matters is where you are currently. If you are in the US with a US issued credit card, then you should be able to add it to the Wallet app for use with Apple Pay. Your iPhone’s Country & Region should also reflect that you are in the US and including your Shipping address in the Settings app.

Review this guide published by Apple ➡️ If you can’t add credit/debit card to the Wallet app for use with Apple Pay.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2022 11:15 PM in response to 英代

It doesn’t matter where your iPhone was purchased. What matters is where you are currently. If you are in the US with a US issued credit card, then you should be able to add it to the Wallet app for use with Apple Pay. Your iPhone’s Country & Region should also reflect that you are in the US and including your Shipping address in the Settings app.

Review this guide published by Apple ➡️ If you can’t add credit/debit card to the Wallet app for use with Apple Pay.

Axel F.

Payment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.