Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MY HOME BUTTON GOT BROKEN

IM UNABLE TO USE MY HOME BUTTON BECAUSE OF THAT I CANT ABLE TO USE FINGERPRINT SENSOR ALSO, CAN YOU ABLE TO REPAIR THIS THE NEW REPLACEMENT OF HOME BUTTON AND FINGERPRINT SENSOR FROM APPLE STORE OR Apple Authorized Service Provider.

PLEASE GIVE ME THE SOLUTION FOR THIS TO HAVE REPLACEMENT BUTTON AND THANK YOU.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 4:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 4:36 AM

Hello,

Start here:

iPhone Repair

In the meantime, consider a virtual Home button:

How to Enable a Virtual Home Button on iPhone or iPad with AssistiveTouch

Use AssistiveTouch on iPhone 

Good luck.

7 replies

Jan 24, 2022 8:24 AM in response to Nisarudeen

Apple doesn't sell nor replace home buttons alone. The only fix through Apple or an AASP is a complete replacement (with exchange) or the front screen assembly. It requires access to Apple's proprietary security equipment to pair the home button to the logic board. There is no way around this. Even OEM Apple home buttons salvaged from other devices won't work because the security mechanism requires that it be paired using Apple's equipment.

Jan 31, 2022 10:43 PM in response to Nisarudeen

Nisarudeen wrote:
yeah i got your point but in the APPLE authorized shop or in APPLE showroom they may can solve the problem by exchanging the home button with the same mobile apple ID right??

Well - it might be possible even if there's been an aftermarket repair attempt. But I said it would likely require a complete replacement of the front screen assembly. For a 6s in the United States via an Apple Store that would be $149 plus tax.

Apple doesn't sell nor replace home buttons alone. That is considered part of a complete front screen assembly repair part. They might even have the parts separately available at central repair facilities where they refurbish front screen assemblies, but not for individual repair of just the home button. They prepare the parts, and they go into complete refurbished devices, or to their repair network such as Apple Stores, Apple repair centers, or Apple Authorized Service Providers. And without the service, Apple or an AASP won't perform the "pairing" step required to get the Touch ID on the home button to work.

So are you prepared to pay for a complete front screen assembly service? I don't really see any other way.

Feb 1, 2022 7:14 AM in response to Nisarudeen

Well good luck with it. But to be clear, it's been my understanding that any home button **customer** repair by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider is only done by replacing the entire front screen assembly, which includes a working condition home button. It make it easier by not having to train every technician on how to remove and properly seal the home button.

MY HOME BUTTON GOT BROKEN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.