Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email account works on phone and Mac but stopped working on iPad

My email account that works on my phone and my Mac It stopped working on my iPad last July. I tried adding it as a new account but got a response that said it already exists. iPad 6th generation, 14.8 iOS. Is there a way to delete and re-add the account? Would going to 15.1 make a difference?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 7:04 PM

Hi ron@debnheir

Whilst I would suggest updating your iPadOS to the most recent version which is 15.2.1, you may still need to either resolve the email account that seems to already exist on your iPad or delete and add the email account again.

Can you go to Settings > Mail > Accounts which should list all your emails accounts added to your iPad.

Hopefully the email account is listed and it's just a matter of selecting the account and then select 'Delete Account'.

If the account is not listed can I suggest you contact Apple Support as follows:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2022 7:04 PM in response to Krmeetron757

Hi ron@debnheir

Whilst I would suggest updating your iPadOS to the most recent version which is 15.2.1, you may still need to either resolve the email account that seems to already exist on your iPad or delete and add the email account again.

Can you go to Settings > Mail > Accounts which should list all your emails accounts added to your iPad.

Hopefully the email account is listed and it's just a matter of selecting the account and then select 'Delete Account'.

If the account is not listed can I suggest you contact Apple Support as follows:

Email account works on phone and Mac but stopped working on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.