Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My AirpodPro microphone doesn't work

My AirpodPro microphone doesn't work. It was an intermittent problem, now they don't work at all. I followed all published support suggestions about cleaning, reinstalling onto my phone- no joy.

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 10:06 AM

CurtMatt Said:

"My AirpodPro microphone doesn't work: My AirpodPro microphone doesn't work. It was an intermittent problem, now they don't work at all. I followed all published support suggestions about cleaning, reinstalling onto my phone- no joy."

-------

Two Things:

A. A Third-Party Brand?:

If they are not working, then maybe they are not officially from Apple?

Perform the Following:

1. Get: the Serial Number: Find the Serial Number of your AirPods - Apple Support
  2. Enter: the Serial Number Here: Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support
  3. If all shows up as an Apple Device, then you are set with that.

B. Provide Feedback:

It is best that you provide feedback on this is Apple.  Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed.

1. Go Here: Feedback - AirPods - Apple - Apple
  2. Select: "Performance" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you came across this issue, and how you have troubleshot it thus far.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2022 10:06 AM in response to CurtMatt

CurtMatt Said:

"My AirpodPro microphone doesn't work: My AirpodPro microphone doesn't work. It was an intermittent problem, now they don't work at all. I followed all published support suggestions about cleaning, reinstalling onto my phone- no joy."

-------

Two Things:

A. A Third-Party Brand?:

If they are not working, then maybe they are not officially from Apple?

Perform the Following:

1. Get: the Serial Number: Find the Serial Number of your AirPods - Apple Support
  2. Enter: the Serial Number Here: Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support
  3. If all shows up as an Apple Device, then you are set with that.

B. Provide Feedback:

It is best that you provide feedback on this is Apple.  Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed.

1. Go Here: Feedback - AirPods - Apple - Apple
  2. Select: "Performance" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you came across this issue, and how you have troubleshot it thus far.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

My AirpodPro microphone doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.