Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compatibility/Nikon and Mac M1

My macOS Monterey 12.1 does not recognize my Nikon D5600 camera when connected via cable for image transfer. How do I solve? I have downloaded Nikon Image Capture and ViewNX-i per manual instructions. Camera is fully charged and camera is turned on.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 9:30 AM

I open Image Capture and the camera is turned on and connected via the cable but it doesn't recognize that the camera is connected. I can purchase another 'real' cable to see if that is the issue. Does it matter if I plug it in to the USB2 port or the Thunderbolt USB3 port?

11 replies

Jan 24, 2022 8:40 AM in response to Andus836

Are those Nikon applications actually compatible with macOS Monterey 12.1? You need to contact Nikon for the determination of their compatibility. Have you tried using Apple's Image Capture application with that USB-connected D5600? This camera is supported by Apple's Digital Camera RAW in Monterey.

Note that Apple's Image Capture uses the DateTimeOriginal EXIF data as the Finder file creation date.

Jan 24, 2022 9:07 AM in response to Andus836

If the download port on the camera is USB then connecting it to either a USB-C/Thunderbolt port or USB-A port on the Mini will not make a difference.

Andus836 wrote:

I checked Apple and it states but will go back to Nikon and check. I did download the Apple Image Capture app and I am thinking that I should connect the camera via the Thunderbolt port instead of the USB port on my Mini.

Compatibility/Nikon and Mac M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.