Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad won’t charge

My sons iPad will not charge. When I press the top and side buttons it shows that it’s plugged in and gives a lightening bolt and the battery outline with a tiny red line….

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 11:36 AM

You need to search online for your nearest, “local” Apple store location and call contact phone numbers and call to make an appointment to have your Apple iPad diagnosed and options presented you.

Failing that,

You need to contact Apple support via the contact support link located at the upper right hand corner of every Webpage of these Apple support communities.

Use the Hardware Repair & Battery usage & Charging support categories.

OR

by installing and using the Apple Support app found in the iOS App Store.

Tap the iOS App Store link below.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-support/id1130498044

OR

Call contact Apple via the support numbers found in the link bekow.

Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

Tap the link below.

https://www.apple.com/contact/

Best of Luck to You!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2022 11:36 AM in response to Jennfina

You need to search online for your nearest, “local” Apple store location and call contact phone numbers and call to make an appointment to have your Apple iPad diagnosed and options presented you.

Failing that,

You need to contact Apple support via the contact support link located at the upper right hand corner of every Webpage of these Apple support communities.

Use the Hardware Repair & Battery usage & Charging support categories.

OR

by installing and using the Apple Support app found in the iOS App Store.

Tap the iOS App Store link below.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-support/id1130498044

OR

Call contact Apple via the support numbers found in the link bekow.

Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

Tap the link below.

https://www.apple.com/contact/

Best of Luck to You!

Jan 24, 2022 11:08 AM in response to Jennfina

How old is this iPad?

A little hard to help/advise you when you provide little to NO useful information about your iPad.

Here are my questions to you.

Can you, please, confirm what year and model iPad do you have/own?

The “A” model number can be found on the aluminium back of your iPad, in very small print, right under the larger bold print “iPad” on the back of the iPad.

What iOS/iPadOS version is this iPad, currently, running?

What is the rated, internal data storage space/capacity of your iPad model and how much of this free, internal data storage capacity is left inside of your iPad model?

All of that additional info can be found in the Settings app, General settings panel, About.

Also, have you tried other known good power/charging cables and other known good power/charging adapter blocks?

Either of these can fail at any time for any reason.

Please try to make an attempt to answer all questions asked.

Thank You.

Jan 24, 2022 11:24 AM in response to Jennfina

When you try to start it, do you see the red section of the battery image flash three times and the screen goes blank?

It means it’s not receiving power to charge.

How long did you wait when you tried to charge it? A major drain could a take a few extra minutes. Especially, if all you are seeing is the battery logo.

If you have the OS up, you can check apps and see if something is putting a major drain on the battery. If you see the red section of the battery image flash three times and then the screen goes black, it means that the iPad is not receiving power to charge.

I have lost my USB port after an upgrade to IOS15. I have seen others report issues as well.

As Michael has mentioned, more info is needed.

Jan 24, 2022 11:37 AM in response to Jennfina

Did you try a new cable as well?

A trick you can try. I upgraded to IOS15 and lost my USB port. I found for one thing; it would not charge with an apple cable and an apple charger. I did have an outlet with a USB port and plugged it in. It charged?!?! If you have one of those; you can give it a try.

There is the Genius Bar. Be prepared to hear “buy a new one” as they couldn’t figure out what was wrong with mine. It’s a Pro and only a couple years old. I am planning to take it to a “break/fix” guy and see if it has really failed versus apple did something. Their diagnostics showed everything was fine.

If the trick mentioned works, it’s not a permanent solution. Apple will tell you it’s not a good idea. I happen to have a Smart Keyboard and it has a charge plug and it works….

iPad won’t charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.