Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Putting pages on my macbook pro (2012)

Hi- I need to get access to pages for work. I can't seem to be able to because my OS is below 11? Idk how to update that. I know my mac is old so maybe that's it but i'm trying to keep using it a bit longer. Anyone know?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 12:38 PM

If you have never installed Pages for Mac previously, it will not be in your Mac App Store listed under the Purchases tab, and thus, extinguishes any chance of getting the last compatible Pages version for your macOS installation. Apple does not provide user downloadable full Pages installers for past versions of it. The current version of Pages (v11.2) requires that the Mac is running macOS Big Sur or later.

To verify the first paragraph, launch the Mac App Store and sign in with the Apple ID used to previously install Pages v5 or later. Then, if on macOS High Sierra or earlier, press the option key while clicking the Purchase tab. If Pages is on this panel with an Update button, click that. You will receive a dialog stating that you need a newer version of macOS to install Pages. Acknowledge that dialog without clicking Cancel. A second dialog may appear offering to install the last compatible version of Pages for your existing operating system.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2022 12:38 PM in response to irisAntiatom

If you have never installed Pages for Mac previously, it will not be in your Mac App Store listed under the Purchases tab, and thus, extinguishes any chance of getting the last compatible Pages version for your macOS installation. Apple does not provide user downloadable full Pages installers for past versions of it. The current version of Pages (v11.2) requires that the Mac is running macOS Big Sur or later.

To verify the first paragraph, launch the Mac App Store and sign in with the Apple ID used to previously install Pages v5 or later. Then, if on macOS High Sierra or earlier, press the option key while clicking the Purchase tab. If Pages is on this panel with an Update button, click that. You will receive a dialog stating that you need a newer version of macOS to install Pages. Acknowledge that dialog without clicking Cancel. A second dialog may appear offering to install the last compatible version of Pages for your existing operating system.

Putting pages on my macbook pro (2012)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.