Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil pressure sensitivity flickering

My Gen 1 Apple Pencil which I use for drawing has been bugging out lately. For example I will be drawing and partway through the line the sensitivity will flicker and make the line really thin or not at all, other times it won’t even recognize the pencil is touching the screen until I tap/try it several times. It makes drawing practically impossible.

This started after I had dropped the pencil I am not sure if that’s what caused this

im pretty sure the problem is with the pencil because the pressure is fine with my finger.

i went to the Apple store for help cause I’d rather not buy a new one if I could help it cause they’re $$$$$ but the Genius Bar’s solution didn’t work, which was replacing the nib

i have tried:

-updating iPad

-replacing nib

-trying to trouble shoot app

-charging pencil

-restarting IPad

***please note I’m not the most Tech Savvy person, any suggestions are appreciated

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 3:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 3:52 PM

Depending on where the Pencil was dropped, you may have damaged the metal sensor rod tip that the plastic, screw-on nib/tip covers over.

Any damage to that sensor rod tip will cause performnace issues with that Pencil.

If still under its free, one-year warranty, you should be able to get another free, replacement Pencil from your local Apple Store location.

If no more warranty, you will need to purchase another new Pencil.

Sorry & Good Luck to You!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2022 3:52 PM in response to CaruPencilGen1

Depending on where the Pencil was dropped, you may have damaged the metal sensor rod tip that the plastic, screw-on nib/tip covers over.

Any damage to that sensor rod tip will cause performnace issues with that Pencil.

If still under its free, one-year warranty, you should be able to get another free, replacement Pencil from your local Apple Store location.

If no more warranty, you will need to purchase another new Pencil.

Sorry & Good Luck to You!

Apple Pencil pressure sensitivity flickering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.