Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I share an upgrade with my family if we all have different apple accounts?

i want to upgrade my storage plan to 2TB it says I can share it with family. How do I accomplish that when we all have different apple accounts.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 7:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 7:21 PM

You just need to add them to your Family Sharing.

On your iPhone just go to settings > Apple ID Settings (tap your name at the top) > family sharing > add member.

From there you will just need to enter their Apple ID and it will send them an invite email. If they accept they will be able to share your iCloud storage and any subscriptions/app purchases that support it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2022 7:21 PM in response to JessStetts

You just need to add them to your Family Sharing.

On your iPhone just go to settings > Apple ID Settings (tap your name at the top) > family sharing > add member.

From there you will just need to enter their Apple ID and it will send them an invite email. If they accept they will be able to share your iCloud storage and any subscriptions/app purchases that support it.

How do I share an upgrade with my family if we all have different apple accounts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.