Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software update on iPhone via iTunes on PC

IF this is working correctly what should it look like? On iTunes it says that it is currently downloading software for iPhone, but there's no status shown or any indication that it's happening, there is no sign of any activity on my phone either.

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 8:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 9:35 PM

It's a bit oblique. It's been a while since I updated via iTunes - not just because I have a Mac but I update directly via wi-fi . As I recall there is a progress dial in the top right corner. If you click on this you get some indication of the progress status - download, processing, installation etc.

Again, the fallible memory says that the phone only responds when the update is being applied.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2022 9:35 PM in response to Citrinepearl

It's a bit oblique. It's been a while since I updated via iTunes - not just because I have a Mac but I update directly via wi-fi . As I recall there is a progress dial in the top right corner. If you click on this you get some indication of the progress status - download, processing, installation etc.

Again, the fallible memory says that the phone only responds when the update is being applied.

Software update on iPhone via iTunes on PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.