Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen damage and repair

What exactly is covered by apple? Like, I have a little bit of damage to my screen, I think it’s the ink bleeding or LED lights or something (I’m not too sure), and I want to get it fixed, but apple is so confusing with what it can repair. The problem is, I don’t want to go get it checked out and told it’s going to be like a crazy amount of money to fix, and then be forced into getting it fixed cause I’ve booked an appointment. Does apple cover much under their basic warranty? If not, how much in general are prices to fix iPhones?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 10:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 11:29 PM

the normal warranty only covered productions defects discovered after purchase, not user caused damage or theft or the likes

Legal - Hardware Warranties - Apple

and maybe

Warranty - Wikipedia

about iphone repair

iPhone Screen Repair & Replacement - Official Apple Support

iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

2 replies

Jan 25, 2022 12:47 AM in response to Jesterjoker173

If you have access to an Apple Store, they will run a diagnostic for free. I've been to Apple Stores many times, and the only time I've ever been charged was when someone actually provided a service like a battery replacement, and several of the services have been free - including a broken key replacement and a SIM card extraction from my wife's iPhone. If it appears that it was from an accident messing with the hardware, then that would require a screen replacement, but they will never force you to spend if you say no because it's too expensive. I've been through that and when I was told how much, I said no and it was no problem. There will be no pressure.

However, for an iPhone 12 if there's damage to the screen/display not covered by the warranty, that's definitely going to be $279 plus tax in the United States. They won't fix tiny things, but just replace the whole screen assembly, which also requires an exchange of the damaged screen assembly. Not sure about other countries, but where Apple provides the repair service there will be set prices.

If it's an Apple Authorized Service Provider, all bets are off because they come up with their own policies on whether they charge for a diagnostic. Apple Authorized Service Providers also set their own prices. It can get crazy with some AASPs, where I read about one (not in the United States) that charged a mandatory diagnostic fee for a battery service on top of the battery service price that was considerably higher than in the United States.

Screen damage and repair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.