Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete word from autocorrect dictionary

My name is Lacie and my autocorrect always turns my name into “LaCie” (hardware company I never text about or buy from). It drives me nuts. Can anyone help me figure out how to delete “LaCie” from my autocorrect dictionary?

Thank you!

Lacie

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 11:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 11:50 PM

I guess this is triggered by a Keyboard that you have added. Try to use another.

Remove all keyboards.

• Go to Settings > General > Keyboard.
  • Tap Keyboards, then do any of the following: Remove a keyboard: Tap Edit, tap next to the keyboard you want to remove, tap Delete, then tap Done.

Add the keyboards you require.

• Tap Keyboards, then do any of the following: Add a keyboard: Tap Add New Keyboard, then choose a keyboard from the list. Repeat to add more keyboards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2022 11:50 PM in response to lacie716

I guess this is triggered by a Keyboard that you have added. Try to use another.

Remove all keyboards.

• Tap Keyboards, then do any of the following: Remove a keyboard: Tap Edit, tap next to the keyboard you want to remove, tap Delete, then tap Done.

Add the keyboards you require.

• Tap Keyboards, then do any of the following: Add a keyboard: Tap Add New Keyboard, then choose a keyboard from the list. Repeat to add more keyboards.

Delete word from autocorrect dictionary

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.