Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I have two apple ids on my phone

I somehow have over the years managed to create two apple ids and have made purchases of music etc on them both., Can I have both ids on my phone or otherwise is there a way to merge them please. Many Thanks Nigel

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 1:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 4:43 PM

you might try setting up a family with your two apple ids. Then enable purchase sharing with each other, though even that can cause problems, especially with Homekit.

It's a crappy situation that Apple willfully put a lot of old iTools and .Mac users in. You can't merge Apple IDs, you can't transfer purchases to a new Apple ID. If an Apple ID is compromised, you can't delete that Apple ID and start over. It's purely a marketing decision and has nothing to do with security.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2022 4:43 PM in response to Nij17

you might try setting up a family with your two apple ids. Then enable purchase sharing with each other, though even that can cause problems, especially with Homekit.

It's a crappy situation that Apple willfully put a lot of old iTools and .Mac users in. You can't merge Apple IDs, you can't transfer purchases to a new Apple ID. If an Apple ID is compromised, you can't delete that Apple ID and start over. It's purely a marketing decision and has nothing to do with security.

Can I have two apple ids on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.