Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos identifying, but not naming faces

Photos will not recognize faces in my photos that are very recognizable. It identifies the faces, but there's just a circle around the face labeled "unnamed."

For example, I have hundreds of very clear, close-up photos of my grandson where I've added his name to the "unnamed" circle. But it still doesn't identify him in new photos I take.

It's not only happening with him, but many family members in very clear photos.

How can I force it to recognize these people? (I'm using a MacBook M1 pro, Monterey OS).

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 9:16 AM

Have you already used the "Confirm additional faces" command at the bottom of the People album of your grandson?

It helps a lot to clean up all waiting "Confirm additional faces" in all People albums to tell Photos if the has recognised the faces correctly. If it is has maked a wrong assumption for some of the faces and mixed up two people, it may prevent it from getting other faces correct.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2022 9:16 AM in response to atthecshore

Have you already used the "Confirm additional faces" command at the bottom of the People album of your grandson?

It helps a lot to clean up all waiting "Confirm additional faces" in all People albums to tell Photos if the has recognised the faces correctly. If it is has maked a wrong assumption for some of the faces and mixed up two people, it may prevent it from getting other faces correct.

Photos identifying, but not naming faces

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.