Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

just ordered ipads and they are in a foreign language and i cannot get into settings

just ordered ipads and they are in a foreign language and i cannot get into settings

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 10:45 AM

gmhulsey wrote:

i cannot get into settings

If by that you mean you can't understand them, I don't think that is necessary, their location is the same, and you can change the language with them anyway.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204031

2 replies

Jan 25, 2022 9:21 AM in response to gmhulsey

During initial setup from the multi-lingual “hello” screen, you will first select the language that you wish to use - and from here the iPad will be customised to the chosen language.

If the device has already completed the initial setup, to access iPad Settings look for the grey “gear” icon that you should find on the first or subsequent Home Screen. Tap the icon to open iPad Settings.

With the settings page open, scroll down the left side of the screen - and tap the grey/white “gear” icon. This will open General Settings (in whatever language has already been set).

Next, scroll to the last but one item in the main settings pane (right side of your screen); tap the item immediately above the blue Shut Down option. This will open the Reset page.

At the bottom of the screen, tap the last item at the bottom - in blue text - this being Erase All Content & Settings.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.