Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I retrieve iCloud back up

I wanted to know how can I retrieve messages from iCloud back up

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 10:45 AM

You cannot selectively restore anything from a backup. When you restore backup, you restore everything in the backup and when that happens, you overwrite the current contents of your device with the contents in the backup. You also have to be including messages in the backups and not syncing messages with iCloud for this to work for you.

This explains how to restore a backup.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If you were syncing messages with iCloud and you deleted them, they are gone for good and can’t be recovered.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2022 10:45 AM in response to wyvonnie

You cannot selectively restore anything from a backup. When you restore backup, you restore everything in the backup and when that happens, you overwrite the current contents of your device with the contents in the backup. You also have to be including messages in the backups and not syncing messages with iCloud for this to work for you.

This explains how to restore a backup.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If you were syncing messages with iCloud and you deleted them, they are gone for good and can’t be recovered.

How do I retrieve iCloud back up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.