Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K Audio Skipping

I am having a constant audio issue with my Apple Tv 4k while streaming movies / shows regardless of app. (Netflix, Disney+ etc.) The audio just shutters for 10-15 seconds before resolving for a minute or 2.

The 4K HDR video is flawless- zero issues.

It's more prevalent when it's streaming in Dolby Atmos. I didn't notice any issue when I first set it up, but only after the the most recent update these symptoms started.

I am hard-wired directly to my router and have comcast gigabit speed.

The apple tv is running through a Pioneer Elite SC LX-904 receiver.

I am running a full atmos setup and do not want to down-convert the audio.

I have tried resetting everything, but it does not resolve.

It usually works properly for the first 10-15 mins- Once it starts, it continues to do this every few minutes.

Has anyone solved this issue??

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 1:42 PM

1. Unplug your modem from its power source for 2-3 minutes and Restart Modem.
  2. Unplug your router from its power source for 2-3 minutes and Restart router.
  3. Unplug Apple TV from Power for 2-3 minutes – re-plug in and retest. 

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 25, 2022 4:55 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Thank you- I tried these, as well as hard re-setting my Apple 4K box and starting over. The problem still persists.

I purchased this 4K apple TV in the summer of 2021- I never had an issue with the exact setup until the last month. The only thing that changed was updating to ios TV 15.2

I have been in contact with apple support- I was told I can not roll back the ios. I can not be certain yet, but I assuming it is a software issue with the latest TV ios. I am waiting to hear back from apple soon. I was told that they have several escalated cases on this exact Atmos issue.

Very frustrating- it may work ok if I turn off the Atoms and down-convert the audio in the Apple setting but that defeats the entire purpose of having 7 . 1 . 4 atmos setup.

If anyone has found a potential solution please let me know! thanks in advance

Apple TV 4K Audio Skipping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.