Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

family sharing

what can i do if my child leaves my family sharing without my permission

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 7:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 7:59 PM

We need to define "child" in relation to Family Sharing.

Family Sharing group members under 13* cannot exit themselves from a family group. They must be invited to another group by that group's organiser which triggers a permission request to the organiser of the group in which they are currently are a member. Permission to migrate to the new group can be given or denied.

See Move a child to another group using Family Sharing

From 13 years old they are able to remove themselves from a Family Sharing group. No permission is required to leave the group.

See Leave Family Sharing - Any family member age 13 or older* can remove themselves from a family group.

*Apple makes a note that the age varies by country or region

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2022 7:59 PM in response to alikaye1

We need to define "child" in relation to Family Sharing.

Family Sharing group members under 13* cannot exit themselves from a family group. They must be invited to another group by that group's organiser which triggers a permission request to the organiser of the group in which they are currently are a member. Permission to migrate to the new group can be given or denied.

See Move a child to another group using Family Sharing

From 13 years old they are able to remove themselves from a Family Sharing group. No permission is required to leave the group.

See Leave Family Sharing - Any family member age 13 or older* can remove themselves from a family group.

*Apple makes a note that the age varies by country or region

family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.