Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Los the ability to export iWork in PDF or MS Office

I am using pages and numbers and when I want to export I go to Share > Send a Copy but for some reason the option to send to PDF, word (for pages), and excel (for numbers) has disappeared. Messages, Air Drop, Notes, and One Note are the only options.

I have excel, word, acrobat, and preview installed. I have no idea how this happened or how to fix it. Please help.

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 8:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 10:52 AM

Here is the Apple Mail icon in the Extensions Preference panel on macOS 12.2. Same icon that has been there for years:

The icon that you showed previously in the Share panel is decidedly not an Apple Mail icon. That may be the root of the problem. I have several email accounts configured, but they are all arriving directly in Apple Mail, and not a different mail agent seconded to Apple Mail.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2022 10:52 AM in response to domtron

Here is the Apple Mail icon in the Extensions Preference panel on macOS 12.2. Same icon that has been there for years:

The icon that you showed previously in the Share panel is decidedly not an Apple Mail icon. That may be the root of the problem. I have several email accounts configured, but they are all arriving directly in Apple Mail, and not a different mail agent seconded to Apple Mail.

Jan 31, 2022 12:36 PM in response to domtron

This has been solved. In the mail program > preferences > General tab > Default Mail Reader. For some reason, something authorized a change from Mail being the default to MS Edge. Obviously Edge is not a mail program so iWork had a bit of a freak out. I changed it back to Mail and everything is peachy.

Still not sure what caused it to switch though, because I certainly didn't switch it.

Jan 26, 2022 1:23 PM in response to domtron

Using Pages v11.2 on macOS 12.2 (just updated), I have no issue with Share > Send a Copy > Mail allowing PDF, Word, etc as Mail attachments. You must choose one of the services before you are greeted with the document type panel is presented.

If I select Mail, then the following panel is available:

Visit System Preferences > Extensions > Share Menu, and ensure that Mail is selected. Quit Pages, and other applications, then reboot your Mac. See if that corrected it.

Los the ability to export iWork in PDF or MS Office

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.