Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods not showing on Find My devices

How can I add back my AirPods to Find My? I lend my AirPods to my wife, so she connected them to her iPhone, now they are not showing on my devices even after I have already reconnected them to my iPhone, even went through forget device and conectes them again.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 10:58 AM

Hey there HectorDF,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. Depending on which model AirPods you have, you may need to follow the steps in this link to enable the feature:

Turn on the Find My network for AirPods (3rd generation), AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max

Take care.

5 replies

Jan 27, 2022 11:13 AM in response to barberlives123

Unfortunately this did not solved my question but selected it by mistake while checking if there were other options. (I was not able to change the status to unsolved)

Right know although I can use my AirPods Pro on my iPhone it seems they are no longer linked as mine on Find My. They keep showing as my wife's device (we are set up as family, so I can see where are my AirPods but as if they were my wife's, not mine). On the bluetooth settings I can not see Find My Network option.

Jan 31, 2022 9:07 AM in response to barberlives123

Hey Barberlives123,

I followed the article yesterday to remove my AirPods Pro from my wife's Find My account, and they were gone, however when I tried to connect my AirPods to my phone it kept showing that the owner m****@****.com (my wife's email) will see the location. This morning I checked my wife's Find My and my AirPods were there again. I removed them again.

This time when I reconnected them to my phone, still told my not my AirPods but now the Find My network is showing on my bluetooth settings, so maybe by tomorrow it will finally recognize them as mine.

I know is a security topic but the way ownership of accessories is handled by Find My is not clear at all.

Thanks for the help

AirPods not showing on Find My devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.