Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reminders app gone blank

After updating to Monterey, my reminders app is permanently blank. I have restarted, quit the app, restarted my Mac etc etc and nothing is working. They are backed up to iCloud and the app is working perfectly on my phone and iPad but just refuses to open past a blank screen on Mac (see image). How can I fix this? I use it constantly for work and life so really need it back.

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 9:46 AM

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

Next:

Download and run this app so we can find more information about your installation.

https://etrecheck.com/upgrade

It shows what is launched and other information and is very useful in finding causes of problems. After you first launch the app make sure you check Enable full disk access in the box in lower left.

After running the app use the app's feature to paste to clipboard. The in the text box for a reply in this forum click on the addition text icon. This is because the normal reply text box limits how much you can type.

o personal identifiable information is contained if the app output. The app was written for a person who is contributor to these Apple Support Communities

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2022 9:46 AM in response to ed654

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

Next:

Download and run this app so we can find more information about your installation.

https://etrecheck.com/upgrade

It shows what is launched and other information and is very useful in finding causes of problems. After you first launch the app make sure you check Enable full disk access in the box in lower left.

After running the app use the app's feature to paste to clipboard. The in the text box for a reply in this forum click on the addition text icon. This is because the normal reply text box limits how much you can type.

o personal identifiable information is contained if the app output. The app was written for a person who is contributor to these Apple Support Communities

Reminders app gone blank

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.