Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

attachments in mac mail won’t print

I’ve been trying to sort out a problem for a friend who has a MacBook Air running Monterey.

when he tries to print highlighted email pdf attachments the preview in the pop up box only shows the covering email and prints accordingly. Using Select All for an email with multiple attachments has the same result although it does print the pdf icons.

This has only happened following a recent update.

can anyone give me any advice on what we need to do to resolve this.

Thanks in anticipation.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 9:37 AM

Sorry for the delay in responding Mario but I haven't been able to get back onto my friends Mac as he's self-isolating.

However, I've just installed Monterey onto my Mac and I have the same issue. Highlighting one page PDF attachments no longer gives the option to print them. I now have to select Open which opens the attachment in Adobe and then print from there. I'm not sure what PDF reader my friend uses but this should also work for him. He won't find this as convenient but he'll have to live with it.

Thank you for your help.

Hallix

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2022 9:37 AM in response to mario49

Sorry for the delay in responding Mario but I haven't been able to get back onto my friends Mac as he's self-isolating.

However, I've just installed Monterey onto my Mac and I have the same issue. Highlighting one page PDF attachments no longer gives the option to print them. I now have to select Open which opens the attachment in Adobe and then print from there. I'm not sure what PDF reader my friend uses but this should also work for him. He won't find this as convenient but he'll have to live with it.

Thank you for your help.

Hallix

Jan 27, 2022 12:33 PM in response to Hallix

Hi Hallix,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand you're having trouble printing attachments in Mail, and we'd like to assist. If you double-click the attachment, are you able to print the attachment in Preview? You could also try saving the email as a PDF and printing the PDF.

Save emails as files or PDFs in Mail on Mac

Print emails in Mail on Mac

Take care.

attachments in mac mail won’t print

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.