Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air WiFi or WiFi w cellular

I am purchasing an iPad Air and need to know if the WiFi plus cellular is an extra monthly charge. I currently have US Cellular for my cell phone but want to know if it’s going to be an extra monthly payment.

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 1:04 PM

Be aware that there are functional differences between WiFi Only and WiFi+Cellular models of iPad beyond Cellular capability.

Only WiFi+Cellular models include GPS capabilities - which may impact any Apps or features that require accurate and consistent location data, such as Mapping. WiFi Only models of iPad have no Cellular or GPS functions at all.

Purchase of a WiFi+Cellular model does not commit you to using Cellular connections (or associated monthly charges) but provides this additional flexibility should it be needed.  

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2022 1:04 PM in response to PennyCandy3275

Be aware that there are functional differences between WiFi Only and WiFi+Cellular models of iPad beyond Cellular capability.

Only WiFi+Cellular models include GPS capabilities - which may impact any Apps or features that require accurate and consistent location data, such as Mapping. WiFi Only models of iPad have no Cellular or GPS functions at all.

Purchase of a WiFi+Cellular model does not commit you to using Cellular connections (or associated monthly charges) but provides this additional flexibility should it be needed.  

iPad Air WiFi or WiFi w cellular

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.