You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to reset HomePod Mini

Since updating to IOS 15.3 on my iPhone 11 Pro my HomeKit has stopped working and has somehow been reset. I have lost all my accessories and scenes that I had set up.

I have been able to set up one Apple TV 4K has a hub but I am unable to set up any HomePod Minis. They don't appear when I try adding an accessory. I have tried resetting a HomePod Mini using a) a connection direct to Macbook Pro and I get this message -" The HomePod software update server could not be contacted. An unknown error occurred (-39)."

I have also tried resetting by powering off, then on again waiting for a while screen so that I can reset. White screen does not appear - it just connects and works OK - so unable to reset.

I just want to set up my HomeKit again. Any advice to help me is much appreciated.

HomePod mini, 15

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 2:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 3:34 PM

I didn't have the same issue with the Home App but during the update to 4 x minis I got 1 disconnected and another that reported that there was a problem with the iCloud account. The disconnected one I just power recycled and it came back after about 5 minutes, the one with the account problem just resolved itself after opening the settings in the home app. It could be that as all 4 were trying to update at the same time?

Here is an article on manually resetting HomePod mini

HT208244

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 26, 2022 3:34 PM in response to jharps1

I didn't have the same issue with the Home App but during the update to 4 x minis I got 1 disconnected and another that reported that there was a problem with the iCloud account. The disconnected one I just power recycled and it came back after about 5 minutes, the one with the account problem just resolved itself after opening the settings in the home app. It could be that as all 4 were trying to update at the same time?

Here is an article on manually resetting HomePod mini

HT208244

Jan 26, 2022 5:31 PM in response to jharps1

OK - thanks for the responses so far. I have solved the problem of resetting my HomePod Minis and then setting them up in HomeKit.

I turned off my modem, then back on and I was able to reset the HomePods. Not sure why this worked but by breaking the internet connection it then enabled a reset on the HomePods.

It still remains a mystery as to why my HomeKit was reset after updating to IOS 15.3.

Unable to reset HomePod Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.