Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you stop Apple Music from automatically playing in your car?

I have researched this and found that you should turn off the "autoplay" icon, which looks like an infinity symbol. However, this icon does not appear next to the "repeat" and "shuffle" icons as support suggests. Is there a way to make the autoplay icon appear so that I can turn it off?

Closing the app doesn't help, it still starts playing when I go into the car. Apple, all I ask is that music doesn't start playing immediately when I start my car!

I have iOS 15.2.1 on an iPhone 12 Pro Max.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 3:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 5:01 PM

Well then I couldn't Bluetooth any audio at all or Bluetooth a phone call. The problem/question is with the Apple Music app and its settings. It's not about turning off Bluetooth or ensuring I turn off the car stereo before I turn off the car.

It's that the app has a bug, having autoplay turned on, but there's no way to turn it off!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2022 5:01 PM in response to UpdateScrewedUpItunes

Well then I couldn't Bluetooth any audio at all or Bluetooth a phone call. The problem/question is with the Apple Music app and its settings. It's not about turning off Bluetooth or ensuring I turn off the car stereo before I turn off the car.

It's that the app has a bug, having autoplay turned on, but there's no way to turn it off!

Jan 27, 2022 12:39 AM in response to UpdateScrewedUpItunes

I suggest a different approach. How about saying “hey Siri..music pause (or stop, or off)”. On my HomePod I can say any one of those commands and it’ll stop the music. I don’t know if all of them will work for iOS(I don’t use Siri for music on iPhone), however, “hey Siri .. pause music” should work. And it accomplishes what you want: leaves music playing when you want it playing, stopped music other times when you don’t want music, it leaves the phone volume up and Bluetooth remains connected, best of all you don’t need to be concerned about the auto play.

How do you stop Apple Music from automatically playing in your car?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.