Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update apps on phone

I need to update so many apps on my phone but when I try to it asks for my apple ID password, sure that sounds like no big deal because I know my password, obviously I know it I just now created this account using it. But i type it in and it says "Apple ID or password incorrect" but it never gives me the option to type in my apple ID, just the password. If I hit "reset password" it gives me the option with the apple ID already filled out but this apple ID is incorrect. It is my old one. I am thinking this is the root of the problem. My phone is logged into my new apple ID, but for some reason the app store still uses my old one? Idk please help.

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 6:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 6:42 PM

If you downloaded the app using a previous Apple ID, it will be forever associated with only that ID. If you need to use the App with your new ID, you will need to download it again, using the new ID.

1 reply

Can't update apps on phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.