Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I obtain or purchase an external El Capitan operating system to Mac that has been erased?

How can I obtain or purchase an external jump drive to install El Capitan operating system to MacBook Air that has been erased?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 2:38 AM

How to create a bootable installer for macOS

This will have to be performed from a Qualifying Computer to run the version of macOS to be made on the Bootable Installer. Example : Bootable Installer of El Capitan would have to be done on a computer that Qualifies to run El Capitan

If the Apple Computer is too Old of is the Apple Computer is too New - one can not perform this action.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2022 2:38 AM in response to SouthpawSteve

How to create a bootable installer for macOS

This will have to be performed from a Qualifying Computer to run the version of macOS to be made on the Bootable Installer. Example : Bootable Installer of El Capitan would have to be done on a computer that Qualifies to run El Capitan

If the Apple Computer is too Old of is the Apple Computer is too New - one can not perform this action.

How can I obtain or purchase an external El Capitan operating system to Mac that has been erased?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.