Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does Apple keep removing my music

yesterday my Iphone was okay today I have an update and all my playlists are empty, except for some.

200 Playlists, approximately 6000 songs!

WTF, 20 years of music I paid for are gone

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 12:02 PM

Ideally all of your music would be in an iTunes library ready to restore to the device or replacement in case it was lost, stolen, needed to be restored, or became corrupt following a crash or upgrade.

For purchased content see Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support and Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2022 12:02 PM in response to darrylfrompassaic

Ideally all of your music would be in an iTunes library ready to restore to the device or replacement in case it was lost, stolen, needed to be restored, or became corrupt following a crash or upgrade.

For purchased content see Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support and Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support.

tt2

Jan 28, 2022 11:41 AM in response to darrylfrompassaic

Accidents happen. That is why you should have backups. Clearly no computer or device update is intended to corrupt your media library. Apple can give you back your purchases because they have kept a record of those. They cannot help with the other content because they're not looking after it. That is something you are supposed to do.

You've only mentioned the iPhone, but on the off chance you have a computer that once held this content too, or a backup of the same, see Empty/corrupt iTunes/Music library after upgrade/crash - Apple Community.

tt2

Jan 28, 2022 4:18 AM in response to turingtest2

Before every update, Apple provides a synopsis of what the update does. However, I don't recall the update that hides my songs and removes original songs that are not in Apple's collection. Live versions that it doesn't have or online educational lectures that play with itunes as my chosen media player, and more importantly recorded conversations and video are hidden, as well, because of its greed.

Screwing the client, because it has content that is not from Apple, doesn't always mean it came from Apple's competitors. Moreover, I have created playlists since I started using apple products, nearly 20 years ago and my loyalty is repaid by the maid stealing my valuables and saying, "it's not gone, I just hid it from you."

This is an unattractive, undesirable problem.

It is unacceptable!

Why does Apple keep removing my music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.