Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Music song listings jump around when editing metadata

When editing macOS Music song metadata in the Songs view, the screen jumps around to the point where it takes a lot of wasted time just to scroll back to the place in the list that I was in before I applied the edit. It is very annoying and counterproductive and I have no idea why it’s happening. I feel like the app is trying to resort everything every time I make an edit and it forgets where it was. This bug has been in Music going all the way back to when it was called iTunes.

I am approaching 100,000 tracks and have several dozen Smart Playlists that are live, if that helps diagnose the issue. Not sure what’s going on.

iMac 24″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 11:01 AM

Try View > Show Filter Field and type in something that isolates the tracks you're going to edit, and will remain valid after the edit. E.g. the some or all of the artist or album title.

tt2

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 12, 2022 4:04 PM in response to ChromePlanet

I too have been having issues of my music playlists constantly jumping around whenever I try searching by typing in a letter to improve the search or if I edit anything. Even if I put a song in a different playlist it jumps to a whole different area on my existing list, up to two times. Very frustrated.

I've done all the latest updates and no improvement. Funny I still have an iMac I bought 11.5 years ago and it and the iTunes playlists work great! And my iPhone 11 Apple Music works great. Just the new iMac's Music program is having these flaws! I thought it was the computer but now seeing there are others having the same issue hopefully they can correct this flaw with the program.

macOS Music song listings jump around when editing metadata

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.