Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod no longer able to take Homekit commands always asks for iCloud settings

Hi there,

my homepod suddenly stopped taking commands related to HOME, like controlling the lights or blinds etc. it still plays music and tries to answer other questions. When asked to control a light or something similar it answers that it has troubles with my account settings and I should take a look into my home settings on the iPhone. I tried logging out and back into the accounts on the homepod settings, I tried a restart of the homepod but nothing worked. Anybody here that solved that problem? Thanks!

HomePod, 15

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 12:29 PM

Hi turingtest2 thanks for your support, I have a lot of homekit devices so a recreation was no real option. I deleted the homepod and after a reinstallation it now seems to work again. No idea why it stopped in the first place….. at least I can control the lights again ;)

6 replies

Homepod no longer able to take Homekit commands always asks for iCloud settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.